WEGO buses are all equipped with state-of-the-art technologies to ensure you enjoy
a safe, comfortable and efficient transportation experience. These technologies
- Infotainment System: video monitors provide entertaining video
clips of Niagara attractions as well as notices on local events and weather conditions.
- Automated Stop Announcements: the next bus stop along the route
is announced via audio for persons with visual disabilities and a messaging sign
to assist persons with hearing challenges.
- Transit Signal Prioritization: transponders on the buses notify
oncoming signal lights to ensure the buses efficiently move through the routes with
minimal time losses.
- Computer Aided Dispatching: GPS technology enables WEGO operators
and supervisors to communicate visually and audibly to ensure schedules are maintained,
transfers are accommodated and safety protocols are maintained.
- Data Management: customer counting and smart card fare collection
systems provide tremendous data for WEGO to better manage route and schedule development.
- Maintenance Information: sophisticated monitors throughout the
engine and transmission relay information about the safety and efficiency of the
powertrain, which ensures the economy, performance and longevity of these major
Niagara Welcomes Cyclists!
Each WEGO bus can transport 2 bicycles on front-mounted racks. Learn more about cycling in Niagara.